Typology: red wine
Bottle size: 75 cl.
Alcohol content: 14,5% Vol.
Aspect: intense red.
Scent: sensors of ripe red fruits with spicy notes.
Taste: dry, savoury, elegant, full and with a good texture.
Up until recently, it was believed that this wine variety was of Iberian origins (precisely, that it had been imported on the island during the 15th century). However, the discovery of grape seeds dating back to over 3,000 years ago in the valley of the river Tirso (near Oristano) is a proof of the local origin of the wine variety. Cannonau is a 100% pure wine or with at least 90% of grapes coming from the eponymous wine variety, while the remaining 10% can be composed of other black wine varieties as recommended or authorised by the Sardinian product specifications. Cannonau is undoubtedly the black wine variety that is more cultivated on the island: based on calculations, it should represent around 30% of the overall wine surface.